Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Petey


For some reason, i felt the urge to listen to the Petey Pablo song "Raise Up" today. I got on YouTube and relived 2001 for about four minutes. Then I proceeded to post the link on a bunch of people's Facebook walls. Then I got to thinking. I wonder where Petey is today; so I checked his Wikipedia page. Turns out, Petey's real name is Moses Mortimer Barrett III. I think he should have stuck with that name. I mean, imagine the video if Petey, rather, Moses parting the red sea by twisting his shirt around his head like a helicopter. It's like he's getting North Carolinians to raise up like the Israelites against Pharoh. That type of biblical imagery would put Matisyahu to shame. Oh, and on September 11th of last year, Moses was arrested for trying to bring a gun on a plane. ON 9/11!!! What a dumb ass. 

1 comment:

  1. oh man, this was a classic. i have a sudden urge to rip my shirt off and twist around my head (like a helicopter). however, i cannot say i share moses' love for north carolina.

    ReplyDelete